Succeed in SHL Testing with our Authentic Prep (2023 Update)
Increase your chances of success with All-Inclusive SHL Test preparation pack with the last updates in preparing for your SHL assessments.Get Started Now
Get Prepared For Leading Employers
Access Interactive Tests
- SHL Deductive package, developed by professionals in the field
- 1,400+ questions > A large bank of practice questions to help you increase your test score
- You get a selection of numerical, verbal, inductive, deductive, mechanical, and checking tests are included
Improve Your Score Fast
In the SHL all-inclusive package, you will find a range of tools to help you learn as quickly and easily as possible.
- Detailed guides > With detailed explanations
- Useful tips > Find useful step-by-step tips to help you pass each question
Secure Your Dream Job
Our tests are targeted to help you to get the job you want.
- Real-time simulations > Practice our timed tests which are designed to simulate the real test experience you'll face
- Multiple-choice tests > Practice tests that are the same as you'll face in the real exam
What Are Deductive Reasoning Tests?
- The SHL deductive reasoning assessment is particularly designed to test the ability of candidates to solve problems by making logical deductions from given facts.
- The tasks involve reading the given statements and then making accurate deductions regarding which must be true or cannot be true.
- The questions are typically presented as worded problems with multiple-choice answers.
Why SHL Deductive Reasoning Tests?
- The SHL deductive reasoning test is used to evaluate candidates who apply for entry- and mid-level positions that require deductive reasoning skills.
- The test requires candidates to apply their reasoning skills and problem-solving abilities by asking them to analyze and evaluate scenarios and arguments and pull out logical conclusions.
- The candidates need to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of arguments and use incomplete information to complete scenarios.
- They are required to go through a given set of statements to decide which one of the subsequent options is logically correct. To do that, one must be able to correlate several pieces of information to arrive at a valid conclusion.
- The test is designed to be abstract, that is, it does not require any knowledge of specific job-related information.
- If you apply for a role that involves problem-solving, deductive reasoning tests can show your critical thinking potential, as well as your ability to make quick decisions based on given information. The test gives your employer an indication of how well you can develop solutions and draw conclusions.
- This form of reasoning is essential in many jobs.
What Should You Expect on SHL Deductive Practice Tests?
- There are two slightly different versions of the SHL deductive reasoning test. The version of the test that you’ll take will depend on your recruiting company and applied job level.
- SHL Verify G+ Deductive Reasoning Test (Interactive) consists of 12 interactive questions and lasts for 18 minutes. It is mobile-enabled so you can take it on your smartphone as well.
- SHL Verify G+ Deductive Reasoning Test (Non-Interactive) consists of 18 multiple-choice questions and lasts for 20 minutes.
Both versions are designed to be taken in an unsupervised environment.
The interactive test is supposed to be solved in one sitting, while the non-interactive test comes with an additional verification test. In the optional follow-up verification test, the candidate is required to once again take a shorter version of the original test. The evaluators can use this to assess the response patterns and consistency of the candidate to ensure that the first test was taken by the actual candidate.
The key specifications for both versions are summarised below:
The test versions differ in the way the questions are presented and answered, but both versions aim to evaluate your attention to detail and ability to deduce logical conclusions from the information provided. They also examine planning and organizational skills under given limitations.
- In SHL Verify G+ (Interactive), you’ll have two types of activity-based questions, scheduling and ranking questions. You will have to solve these by using the drag-and-drop option.
- In SHL Verify G+ (Non-Interactive), you’ll have multiple-choice questions with five options to choose the one correct answer from.
You’ll have three types of questions on this test: deductions and conclusions, underlying assumptions and numbers/tables-based questions.
In the following section, we provide you with sample questions of each type to give you a fair idea of what to expect in the assessment.
Joint Thousands of Successful Customers Who Passed There Tests
"These SHL practice tests, together with their explanatory solutions, were rally helpful to me when me was preparing for the assessments. Great value for money."
"TestHQ is my go-to for SHL assessment preparation. Resourceful and detailed, it's easy to use. It was helpful for me when I was preparing for my job at Deloitte."
"I mostly used numerical and verbal assessments, and they proved to be quite useful for me. I passed all the real tests and was hired for the position I wanted."
Practice SHL Tests Anywhere, Anytime
Get quick access to our customised SHL assessments and practice anywhere, anytime, even if you just have a few minutes to spare. You can resume where you left off with our user-friendly test practice system.