SHL Verbal Practice Tests
Limited Offer - 50% OFF
Get access to SHL verbal practice tests and increase your chances of success in your assessments. Practice to improve your verbal abilities and ace your actual assessment.
Get Prepared For Leading Employers
Access Interactive Tests
- SHL Verbal package, developed by professionals in the field
- 1,400+ questions > A large bank of practice questions to help you increase your test score
- You get a selection of numerical, verbal, inductive, deductive, mechanical, and checking tests are included
Improve Your Score Fast
In the SHL all-inclusive package, you will find a range of tools to help you learn as quickly and easily as possible.
- Detailed guides > With detailed explanations
- Useful tips > Find useful step-by-step tips to help you pass each question
Secure Your Dream Job
Our tests are targeted to help you to get the job you want.
- Real-time simulations > Practice our timed tests which are designed to simulate the real test experience you'll face
- Multiple-choice tests > Practice tests that are the same as you'll face in the real exam
What Are Verbal Reasoning Tests?
- The SHL verbal reasoning test is used to assess candidates seeking jobs that require verbal reasoning skills.
- These jobs may include tasks like correspondence, reporting and researching information, as well as the evaluation of written statements and drawing conclusions from them.
- Potential roles include distribution, transportation, administration, marketing, legal, HR and professional services.
Why SHL Verbal Reasoning Tests?
- Verbal reasoning tests evaluate the candidate’s ability to go through written text, comprehend it, understand the tone and intent of the author, figure out the central ideas, and anticipate the author’s responses.
- Verbal ability is usually a requisite for work and decision-making in various kinds of jobs. It’s relevant for roles that involve analysis and interpretation of written passages, the composition of written materials, documents, reports or the preparation and delivery of presentations.
- If you are applying for a job that requires you to possess verbal reasoning ability, your employer may ask you to take the SHL verbal reasoning assessment.
What Should You Expect on SHL Verbal Tests?
In the test, you will be asked to read the text and infer the author’s intent or draw out the main concepts present in the passage.
You may need to decide whether a given statement is correct, incorrect or if the information provided is inconclusive.
SHL offers two different verbal reasoning tests.
- One version is known as SHL Verify – Verbal Ability – Next Generation, or simply as SHL Verify – Verbal Ability. The test consists of a maximum of 18 questions. The allowed time is 15 minutes.
The test is designed for an unsupervised environment and is supposed to be attempted in one sitting. It consists of multiple-choice, adaptive questions.
- The other version is known as SHL Verify Verbal Reasoning Test or SHL Verify – Verbal Reasoning. The test consists of a maximum of 30 questions. The allowed time is 19 minutes.
The test is designed for an unsupervised environment. It consists of multiple-choice questions. The test is supposed to be attempted in one sitting, with an additional, optional, verification test.
The verification test is a shorter version of the original test that allows the employer to assess whether both tests have been taken by the actual candidate.
The key specifications for all the test versions are summarized below:
- The SHL Verify Verbal Reasoning test may require the candidate to read a passage and label the given question statement as 'True', 'False' or 'Cannot say'.
- The question should be answered based on the provided information only, and no prior knowledge of the topic should be used.
- The SHL Verify – Verbal Ability test may ask candidates to recall the details of a written passage, draw out inferences regarding the author’s purpose or sum up the concepts discussed in the passage.
- The format of the questions in these two test versions may be different, but both of them evaluate the same underlying abilities. See sample questions and answers below.
Join Thousands of Successful Customers Who Passed Their Tests
"These SHL practice tests, together with their explanatory solutions, were really helpful to me when I was preparing for the assessments. Great value for money."
"TestHQ is my go-to for SHL assessment preparation. Resourceful and detailed, it's easy to use. It was helpful for me when I was preparing for my job at Deloitte."
"I mostly used numerical and verbal assessments, and they proved to be quite useful for me. I passed all the real tests and was hired for the position I wanted."
Practice SHL Tests Anywhere, Anytime
Get quick access to our customised SHL assessments and practice anywhere, anytime, even if you just have a few minutes to spare. You can resume where you left off with our user-friendly test practice system.Buy SHL Verbal Practice Tests for $69