SHL Mechanical Reasoning Tests
Get access to SHL mechanical reasoning practice tests & increase your chances of success in your assessments. Practice to improve your mechanical reasoning skills and ace your actual assessment.Buy Now for $59.99
Get Prepared For Leading Employers
Access Interactive Tests
- SHL Mechanical package, developed by professionals in the field
- 1,400+ questions > A large bank of practice questions to help you increase your test score
- You get a selection of numerical, verbal, inductive, deductive, mechanical, and checking tests are included
Improve Your Score Fast
In the SHL all-inclusive package, you will find a range of tools to help you learn as quickly and easily as possible.
- Detailed guides > With detailed explanations
- Useful tips > Find useful step-by-step tips to help you pass each question
Secure Your Dream Job
Our tests are targeted to help you to get the job you want.
- Real-time simulations > Practice our timed tests which are designed to simulate the real test experience you'll face
- Multiple-choice tests > Practice tests that are the same as you'll face in the real exam
What Are Mechanical Reasoning Tests?
- Mechanical reasoning tests are assessments designed to test mechanical comprehension for those applying for technical jobs, including engineering, emergency services or the armed forces, and are administered during the application process. These tests measure how well you can apply mechanical principles to certain problems.
What Should You Expect on SHL Mechanical Tests?
- Mechanical reasoning assessments are thought to be a good predictor of how well employees will perform at work, now and in the future.
- Practice will help you become more competent at answering these sorts of questions, as well as faster and more accurate.
- The assessments are timed, so being able to answer the questions quickly will be of benefit. However, because these types of tests only have a 1% to 5% completion rate, finishing the test is less crucial than the number of accurate answers you provide.
- You will usually have 20 to 30 minutes to respond to up to 30 questions (estimated to be around one minute per question).
- The tests generally consist of a series of images displaying mechanical problems or situations and have questions that require answers based on these scenarios.
- Each test has a different level of difficulty, depending on the position candidates are applying for.
Note that these assessments do not assess your natural cognitive talents. Instead, you're tested based on your prior knowledge or understanding of mechanical theories. These usually include how basic machines (such as pulleys, levers, belts, electric circuits, gears and springs) operate, and how objects can be switched, changed and structured.
The questions in the mechanical tests are designed to test your ability to apply mechanical reasoning in a practical environment and will be industry-specific. For example, if you’re applying for engineering positions, the questions will be centered around scenarios in this field or industry.
Join Thousands of Successful Customers Who Passed Their Tests
"These SHL practice tests, together with their explanatory solutions, were really helpful to me when I was preparing for the assessments. Great value for money."
"TestHQ is my go-to for SHL assessment preparation. Resourceful and detailed, it's easy to use. It was helpful for me when I was preparing for my job at Deloitte."
"I mostly used numerical and verbal assessments, and they proved to be quite useful for me. I passed all the real tests and was hired for the position I wanted."
Practice SHL Tests Anywhere, Anytime
Get quick access to our customised SHL assessments and practice anywhere, anytime, even if you just have a few minutes to spare. You can resume where you left off with our user-friendly test practice system.Buy SHL Mechanical Practice Tests for $59.99