SHL Inductive Reasoning Tests
Get access to SHL inductive reasoning practice tests & increase your chances of success in your assessments. Practice to improve your inductive abilities and ace your actual assessment.
Get Prepared For Leading Employers
Access Interactive Tests
- SHL all-inclusive package, developed by professionals in the field
- 1,400+ questions > A large bank of practice questions to help you increase your test score
- A full selection of numerical, verbal, inductive, deductive, mechanical, and checking tests are included
Improve Your Score Fast
In the SHL all-inclusive package, you will find a range of tools to help you learn as quickly and easily as possible.
- Detailed guides > With detailed explanations
- Useful tips > Find useful step-by-step tips to help you pass each question
Secure Your Dream Job
Our tests are targeted to help you to get the job you want.
- Real-time simulations > Practice our timed tests which are designed to simulate the real test experience you'll face
- Multiple-choice tests > Practice tests that are the same as you'll face in the real exam
What Are Inductive Reasoning Tests?
- The SHL inductive reasoning test measures a candidate’s ability to think analytically as well as conceptually. It evaluates how flexibly a candidate works with unfamiliar information to formulate a solution.
- It also measures how well the candidate infers rules, sequences and patterns and then uses this information to guess the outcome.
- Typically, the questions involve alphanumeric sequences and patterns of shapes. To find the correct answer, the candidate must figure out the underlying rules that underly these sequences and patterns.
- The sequences and patterns are commonly a combination of alternation, rotation, reflection, replacement and translation.
Why SHL Inductive Reasoning Tests?
- One of the reasons this type of test is popular is that it is diagrammatic. Since the questions are mostly image-based, there is no language barrier for candidates.
- You might be asked to take this test if you’re applying for a job that requires you to deal with new approaches, build strategies and answer 'why' and 'how' questions.
- This test may also be required for jobs that involve finding solutions to unclear and complex problems.
- The tasks that may require inductive reasoning ability include creative problem solving, troubleshooting and generating new ideas.
- The potential roles that may require this test include, but are not limited to, product/service development, sales, IT, professional services and management.
What Should You Expect on SHL Numerical Tests?
- There are slightly different versions of the SHL inductive reasoning test available. Your recruiting company will decide which test version to assign to you. All of the versions are designed for an unsupervised environment.
- The SHL Verify Interactive Inductive Reasoning test consists of up to 15 interactive questions and lasts for 18 minutes. This version of the test is mobile-enabled, so you can take it on your smartphone.
- SHL Verify – Inductive Reasoning (2007) GU/MP and SHL Verify – Inductive Reasoning (2007) Junior Manager tests consist of up to 24 questions and last for 25 minutes each.
- SHL Verify – Inductive Reasoning (2014) consists of up to 18 questions and lasts for 24 minutes.
All the versions are supposed to be attempted in one sitting.
The non-interactive tests come with an additional verification test. The verification test is optional and allows the evaluators to assess the response patterns of the candidate to ensure that the original test had been taken by the same candidate.
The main specifications for all the test versions are summarized below:
The format of the different versions may vary.
In the SHL Verify Interactive Inductive Reasoning test, you’ll have information presented as alphanumeric sequences and shapes. You will have to infer patterns and rules to:
- Finish the alphanumeric sequences by dragging lines
- Fill the next image in the sequence
- Memorize behaviors and answer subsequent questions based on that
In SHL Verify – Inductive Reasoning and other non-interactive test versions, the questions are multiple-choice. The questions are image-based. You will have to infer the underlying pattern and:
- Select the next figure in the sequence
- Find the missing piece from the given options to complete the image
In the following section, we present you with sample questions for each version to familiarise you with the test format and types of questions in the test.
Join Thousands of Successful Customers Who Passed Their Tests
"These SHL practice tests, together with their explanatory solutions, were really helpful to me when I was preparing for the assessments. Great value for money."
"TestHQ is my go-to for SHL assessment preparation. Resourceful and detailed, it's easy to use. It was helpful for me when I was preparing for my job at Deloitte."
"I mostly used numerical and verbal assessments, and they proved to be quite useful for me. I passed all the real tests and was hired for the position I wanted."
Practice SHL Tests Anywhere, Anytime
Get quick access to our customised SHL assessments and practice anywhere, anytime, even if you just have a few minutes to spare. You can resume where you left off with our user-friendly test practice system.Buy SHL Inductive Practice Tests for $34.99